Can we stay a bit longer?
I absolutely loved it!Child
The Family Place Foundation provides therapeutic support for adopted, fostered and kinship children, and their families.
This group of children are among the most likely to have experienced trauma in their early years and this can create lifelong challenges. Families tell us that they often feel isolated and misunderstood. They say that specialist support from practitioners who really understand what they are going through is scarce.
Our work is supported by specialist practitioners with training in developmental trauma. Practitioners come from a variety of backgrounds and include Clinical Psychologists, Educational Psychologists, Social Workers, Art, Music and Play Therapists, and Occupational Therapists.
Our projects are based on feedback from families and focus on support they cannot access elsewhere. We have a strong ‘whole-family’ ethos and prioritise ways to bring families together. We are very keen to pilot and try out new ways to help.
- Family/Carer breaks and therapeutic residential camps
- Family Activity Days with high levels of support
- Parent/Carer Workshops
- Multi-Specialist Consultations
- Parent/Carer Support Groups
- Child-Parent Groups
We are committed to
Evaluating our projects and
Funding and publishing research
Find out the types of projects we run and read our updates.
- Participation GroupOur Participation Group launched in Spring 2022 following discussions around how to make our projects as helpful as possible to…
- The True Colours TrustThe True Colours Trust is an independent funder working in the UK and Africa. Their work focuses on improving access…
- National Lottery – Awards for All – WalesIn June 2022 we received funding to provide support for vulnerable adoptive families. Family Activity Days organised in Mid and…
We have all thoroughly enjoyed the 3 days. The children have met other children with similar stories and have enjoyed the attentiveness and expertise of all the staff to support and not judge them. Was great to be around others that understand daily struggles.Parent
Honestly, everything was well thought out. Couldn’t be better. Thank you so much for the opportunity. I feel privileged.Parent